We are currently out of test kits. Please visit www.ohio.emed.com to find other area test distribution centers that might have kits in stock.
The Rite Aid in Mt. Gilead is currently providing free drive-thru testing for anyone over the age of 4.
To schedule an appointment, please visit this website.
Please note that you must have a Google account in order to schedule an appointment online. If you don't have a Gmail account but do have a non-Gmail email account, you can use your existing email to create a Google account, instructions on how to do so can be found here.
Free Take-Home COVID-19 Test Kits Now Available at Cardington-Lincoln Public Library
Free COVID-19 home test kits can be picked up from the library and administered from the comfort of your home, all you need is a smartphone, tablet, or computer with a webcam and access to the internet.
To obtain a home test kit:
Test kits are located just inside the front and back entrances of the library. You will need one kit for each person being tested.
If you are feeling unwell, do not enter the library. Please:
- Send someone to pick up a kit for you,
- Call us at 419-864-8181 to request a kit be brought out to your car, or
- Ring the doorbell at the front window and we’ll come to assist you
Tests cannot be conducted in the library- we do not have the appropriate facilities for you to use while conducting the test.
To use the home test kit, you will need:
- A smartphone/tablet OR A laptop/desktop computer with a webcam
- An email address
- Internet access
- One test kit for each person being tested
If you do not have access to the internet and/or a device with a webcam, contact eMed customer support at 1-844-943-0061 and they’ll assist you.
The library is not responsible for any issues with the tests in any way- we are simply distributing them. If you have an issue with any step in the testing process, contact eMed customer support at 1-844-943-0061.
To create an account:
On a smartphone/tablet:
- Download the NAVICA app from the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
- Open the NAVICA app
- Create a NAVICA account (remember your username and password, you’ll use it to log in again)
- If the patient to be tested is a minor (age 17 or younger) or dependent who can’t create their own profile,
- Tap the TEST SITE icon at the bottom of the NAVICA app and then,
- Tap the profile icon at the upper right of the screen to add a MANAGED PROFILE for each individual
On a laptop/desktop computer:
- Open a web browser (e.g.: Chrome, Firefox, or Safari) and go to https://ohio.emed.com/
- Click the START TESTING button on the page
- Click the CREATE NAVICA ACCOUNT button on the page
- Create a NAVICA account and remember your credentials (username and password)
- If the patient to be tested is a minor (age 17 or younger) or dependent who can’t create their own profile, create a managed profile for any children or other dependents you plan to get tested under the “Account and Settings” icon at the top of the screen
Follow these links for assistance when taking the test:
Helpful Hints for Test Takers:
- To assist you with taking the test, you will have a telemedicine video call with an eMed proctor. The proctor is not a healthcare provider but is qualified to administer the test and read the results.
- Ensure that you have plenty of space in front of you to use the test kit. The test card must lay flat on a hard surface.
- The eMed proctor will have you adjust your webcam at various times during the testing. The proctor will need to view the test kit on the surface in front of you at certain times and will need to view you (the patient) at other times. For the test to be validated, follow all of the proctor’s instructions. For example, the proctor must be able to view the test card during the 15 minutes the test runs or it will be invalidated.
- You will need to scan the QR code on the test card with your webcam at two separate times. Make sure you hold the QR code up to the webcam when instructed. Keep the QR code in the center of the camera and hold it as still as possible.
- Test kits should be stored between 35.6° and 86° F