For more information about the Guiding Ohio Online program at the Cardington-Lincoln Public Library, please contact Lisa Murray, email@example.com or 419-864-8181.
In 2011 our library became a founding member of the Consortium of Ohio Libraries, a loose affiliation of at the time 9 public libraries in Ohio. This group formed around one concept, the idea that there must be a better way, especially for smaller libraries, to acquire online catalog software than the previous model, which was to license a product from a closed source vendor. This group selected Evergreen, a free and open source software catalog and contracted with OHIONET, a library member based non-profit that is located in Columbus.
Cool-cat.org is an online library catalog system with new patron-friendly features that include:
- receiving hold pick-up and upcoming due date notices via e-mail
- placing holds on books and freezing hold requests if you're away
- creating and sharing personal lists of favorite items/wish lists
- keeping a history of checked out items
- setting a preferred pick-up location
- the ability to change your user-name and password so they are personalized and easier to remember
- renewing items through the online catalog