In 2011 our library became a founding member of the Consortium of Ohio Libraries, a loose affiliation of at the time 9 public libraries in Ohio. This group formed around one concept, the idea that there must be a better way, especially for smaller libraries, to acquire online catalog software than the previous model, which was to license a product from a closed source vendor. This group selected Evergreen, a free and open source software catalog and contracted with OHIONET, a library member based non-profit that is located in Columbus.
Cool-cat.org is an online library catalog system with new patron-friendly features that include:
- receiving hold pick-up and upcoming due date notices via e-mail
- placing holds on books and freezing hold requests if you're away
- creating and sharing personal lists of favorite items/wish lists
- keeping a history of checked out items
- setting a preferred pick-up location
- the ability to change your user-name and password so they are personalized and easier to remember
- renewing items through the online catalog
Get connected! Enjoy the flexibility of a computer class you can complete at your own pace. Just follow the instructions that are posted next to each computer in the adult section of the library. Learn to send mail instantly and without postage, pay bills or file your taxes online, search for career opportunities, shop online, increase your education, get health care information any time, and keep in touch with family and friends. If you need to stop at any time through the training you can come back later to complete it. The library offers this free computer training to adults.
Upon completion, students new to broadband are eligible to receive discounts from participating providers in their area.